May 3, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, May 03, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business until 5:00 pm, with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first 30 minutes and the Majority will control the next 30 minutes.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 until 2:15 pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
- The filing deadline for all first degree amendments to S.493, the Small Business Jobs bill is at 2:30pm today. If your Senator has a germane first degree amendment and would like to preserve his or her right to offer, please send a signed copy of the amendment to the cloakroom prior to 2:30pm today. If you have already filed, there is no need to re-file.
- At 2:15pm, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of S.Res.159, a resolution honoring the members of the military and intelligence community who carried out the mission that killed Osama bin Laden, and for other purposes, with up to 90 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees. The final 10 minutes of debate will be reserved for the two Leaders, with the Republican Leader controlling five minutes and the Majority Leader controlling the final five minutes.
- Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 3:45pm), the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on adoption of the resolution. Senator Reid encourages Senators to vote from their desks. The Senate is currently in a period of morning business until 5:00pm for debate only with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each.
- There will be no further roll call votes today.