April 14, 2011 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, April 14, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The time until 4pm will be equally divided and controlled between the two leaders or their designees.
- When the Senate receives the papers from the House with respect to continuing resolution and the correcting resolutions, the Senate will proceed to 3 roll call votes in relation the following items in the order listed below:
- H.Con.Res.35, a correcting resolution relative to a prohibition of federal funds for health care reform; and -H.Con.Res.36, a correcting resolution relative to a prohibition of federal funds for Planned Parenthood; -H.R.1473, the Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2011;
- There will be two minutes of debate equally divided prior to each vote; no amendments are in order to the bill or the concurrent resolutions prior to the votes; the motions to reconsider will be considered made and laid upon the table; the correcting resolutions and the bill will be subject to 60-vote thresholds; the only points of order and motions in order are budget points of order and the applicable motions to waive.
- Further, the Secretary of the Senate will immediately notify the House of Representatives of the results of the Senate's action on the House measures.
- We hope to receive the papers from the House sometime in the afternoon on Thursday. Therefore, Senators should expect 3 roll call votes as early as 2pm.
- There will be no further roll call votes today.
- The Senate is now in a period of morning business until 7:00pm for debate only with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes.