April 13, 2011 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Following any leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business for debate only until 7pm with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each, with the Republicans controlling the time from 11:30am until 12:30pm for the purposes of a colloquy and the Majority controlling the time from 1pm until 2pm.
- We are working to complete action on the small business jobs bill.
- In addition, the text of the long-term CR has been filed in the House and is available for review. We expect to receive it from the House on Thursday.
- There will be no roll call votes during today's session of the Senate.
- The Senate has reached the following agreement to consider the long-term Continuing Resolution:
- On Thursday, April 14th, following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- When the Senate receives the papers from the House with respect to continuing resolution and the correcting resolutions, the Senate will proceed to a series of 3 roll call votes in relation the following items in the order listed below:
- H.Con.Res.35, a correcting resolution relative to a prohibition of federal funds for health care reform; and -H.Con.Res.36, a correcting resolution relative to a prohibition of federal funds for Planned Parenthood; -H.R.1473, the Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2011;
- There will be two minutes of debate equally divided prior to each vote; no amendments are in order to the bill or the concurrent resolutions prior to the votes; the correcting resolutions and the bill will be subject to 60-vote thresholds; the only points of order and motions in order are budget points of order and the applicable motions to waive.