April 12, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Following any leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 11am, with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each, with the time equally divided and controlled between the two leaders or their designees, with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- At 11:00am, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider calendar #45, the nomination of Vincent Briccetti, of New York, to be U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of New York and calendar #46, the nomination of John Kronstadt, of California, to be US District Judge for the Central District of California, with one hour of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees.
- At 12:00pm, the Senate will conduct a roll call vote on confirmation of the Kronstadt nomination.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm for the weekly caucus meetings.
- At 2:15pm, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business until 6pm for debate only with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. Also at 2:15pm, Senator Johnson (WI) will be recognized for up to 20 minutes to deliver his maiden speech to the Senate.