March 14, 2012 09:00 AM
Schedule for Wednesday, March 14, 2012
- Convenes: 9:30am
- Following any Leader remarks, there will be one hour of morning business with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first half and the Majority will control the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1813, Surface Infrastructure, with the time until 11:30am equally divided and controlled between the two leaders or designees.
- At 11:30am, we expect 3 roll call votes in relation to the following items:
- Upon disposition of the transportation bill, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business until 2:00pm with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
- At 2:00pm the Senate will proceed to Executive Session with 30 minutes for debate equally divided prior to the cloture vote on the Groh nomination (Executive Calendar #408).
- At 2:30pm there will be up to 17 cloture votes on judicial nominations, unless an agreement on nominations can be reached.
- As a reminder, Senator Reid filed cloture on the following nominations:
- Cal.#408, Gina Marie Groh, of West Virginia;
- Cal.#441, David Nuffer, of Utah;
- Cal.#461, Michael Walter Fitzgerald, of California;
- Cal.#462, Ronnie Abrams, of New York;
- Cal.#463, Rudolph Contreras, of Virginia;
- Cal.#464, Miranda Du, of Nevada;
- Cal.#497, Susie Morgan, of Louisiana;
- Cal.#509, Gregg Jeffrey Costa, of Texas;
- Cal.#510, David Campos Guaderrama, of Texas;
- Cal.#528, Brian C. Wimes, of Missouri;
- Cal.#568, Kristine Gerhard Baker, of Arkansas;
- Cal.#569, John Z. Lee, of Illinois;
- Cal.#570, George Levi Russell, III, of Maryland;
- Cal.#571, John J. Tharp, Jr., of Illinois;
- Cal.#610, Jeffrey J. Helmick, of Ohio;
- Cal.#612, Mary Geiger Lewis, of South Carolina; and
- Cal.#613, Timothy S. Hillman, of Massachusetts