March 2, 2011 08:00 PM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business until 11:00am, with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first 30 minutes, the Majority will control the next 30 minutes, and the remaining time until 11:00am will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees, with the Majority controlling the final half.
- At 11:00am, the Senate will proceed to vote on passage of H.J.Res.44, the 2-week continuing resolution.
- Upon disposition of H.J.Res.44, the Senate will resume consideration of S.23, the America Invents Act.
- The following amendments are pending to S.23: - Leahy amendment #114 (Title amendment) - Bennet amendment #116 (small business fast track) - Feinstein amendment #133 (strike first to file provision)
- The Senate has entered into an agreement that results 1 roll call vote at 5:15pm.
- Under the agreement, the time until 5:15pm will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders, or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the Lee amendment #115 (constitutional balanced budget amendment). The Lee amendment will be subject to a 60-vote threshold.
- Upon disposition of the Lee amendment, the Senate will resume consideration of the Menendez amendment #124 (prioritization of technologies). Senator Menendez will be recognized to modify the amendment and the amendment, as modified, will be agreed to.
- No amendments are in order to the amendments in this agreement.