March 1, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, March 01, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business for 1 hour with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The Majority will control the first 30 minutes and the Republicans will control the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.23, Patent Reform Act of 2011.
- The following amendments are pending to S.23: - Leahy amendment #114 (Title amendment) - Vitter for Toomey-Vitter amendment, #112, as modified,(Debt Limit) - Bennet amendment #116 (small business fast track) - Bennet amendment #117 (regional PTO offices) - Lee amendment #115 (to express the sense of the Senate in support of a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution) - Leahy amendment #121 (managers' amendment) - Kirk amendment #123 (Ombudsman for small busienss concerns)
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings. At 5pm, there will be 2 roll call votes in relation to the following amendments to S.23, Patent Reform Act:
- Leahy-Grassley amendment #121, as modified (managers' amendment); and - Vitter for Toomey-Vitter amendment #112, as modified (Priority of payments if debt limit is reached).
- The time until 5pm will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees. No amendments are in order to the amendments in this agreement prior to a vote. The Vitter amendment #113, as modified, is withdrawn.