February 28, 2011 10:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Monday, February 28, 2011
- Following the prayer and pledge, Senator Isakson will deliver Washington's Farewell Address.
- Following the address, there will be a period of morning business until 3:30pm, with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- At 3:30pm, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of S.23, the Patent Reform Act of 2011.
- The following amendments are pending to S.23: - Leahy amendment #114 (Title amendment) - Vitter amendment #112 (Debt Limit) - Bennet amendment #116 (small business fast track) - Bennet amendment #117 (regional PTO offices) - Lee amendment #115 (to express the sense of the Senate in support of a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution)
- At 4:30pm, the Senate will turn to Executive session to consider the following nominations:
- Amy Totenberg, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Georgia; and - Steve C. Jones, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Georgia.
- The time until 5:30pm will be equally divided and controlled in the usual form. At 5:30pm, senators should expect a voice vote on the Tottenberg nomination and a roll call vote on the Jones nomination.
- The Senate is in a period of morning business.
- This evening, Senator Reid moved to proceed to a house vehicle for a short term continuing resolution (HR359) and filed cloture on the motion. If necessary, this cloture vote would occur on Wednesday morning.