March 3, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, March 03, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business until 11:00am with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first half and the Majority will control the final half.
- At 11:00am, the Senate will resume consideration of S.23, the America Invents Act.
- The following amendments are pending to S.23: - Leahy amendment #114 (Title amendment) - Bennet amendment #116 (small business fast track)
- The Senate has reached an agreement to vote at 12:30pm in relation to the Feinstein amendment #133, as modified (strikes first to file provisions in the bill). The time until 12:30pm will be equally divided and controlled between the proponents and opponents with no amendments in order to the Feinstein amendment prior to the vote.
- There will be a period of morning business from 2-4pm. The Majority will control the first hour and the Republicans will control the next hour.
- This evening, Senator Reid filed cloture on S.23, the America Invents Act. By consent, the cloture vote will occur after the 2 judge votes on Monday, March 7 (the 2 judge votes will begin at 5:30pm).
- As a result of cloture being filed, the filing deadline for first degree amendments is 1pm tomorrow, Friday, March 4. If your senator has a germane amendment and would like to preserve the ability to offer, please send a signed copy of the amendment to the cloakroom prior to the deadline so that we may file it at the desk for you. If you have already filed, there is no need to refile.