February 2, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, February 02, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, Senator Paul will be recognized for up to 20 minutes in morning business to deliver his maiden speech.
- Following his remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.223, the Federal Aviation Administration bill.
- This morning in his opening statement, Senator Reid announced to his colleagues that he spoke to Senator McConnell and they agreed to work towards having up to 3 roll call votes in the 5-6pm range this evening.
- Those votes would be in relation to the following amendments to S.223, FAA Authorization:
- Possible Democratic amendment (1099 Reporting); - Stabenow amendment #9 (1099 Reporting); and - McConnell amendment #13 (Health Care Law Repeal).
- At 5:15pm, the Senate will proceed to a series of 3 roll call votes in relation to the following amendments to S.223, FAA Authorization:
- Levin amendment #28 (repeal of 1099 with oil and gas offset); - Stabenow amendment #9 (repeal of 1099 with unspent discretionary funds offset, exempts DoD, VA and Social Security Administration); and - McConnell amendment #13 (repeal of health care reform).
- The Levin amendment is subject to an affirmative 60-vote threshold for its adoption. No other amendments, points of order or motions are in order to these amendments prior to the votes except a Budge point of order, if applicable.
- There will be 2 minutes for debate prior to each vote. The first vote will be 15 minutes in duration and the remaining 2 votes will be 10 minutes in duration.