February 3, 2011 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, February 03, 2011
- Morning business until 10:30am.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.223, the FAA Authorization bill.
- The following amendments are pending to S.223: - Wicker amendment #14 (Excludes TSA from collective bargaining) - Blunt amendment #5 (private screening company) - Nelson (FL) #34 (NASA) - Paul #21 (reduce authorization for FAA to FY2008 levels) - Wyden #27 (increase test sites for unmanned aerial vehicles) - Inhofe amendment #6 (liability protection to volunteer pilots) - Inhofe amendment #7 (flight time limitations/rest requirements) - Ensign amendment #32 (military remotely piloted aerial systems)
- 1-3pm morning business for the purpose of giving remarks relative to the upcoming centennial of the birth of President Ronald Reagan.
- 3:00pm Senator Manchin will give his maiden speech to the Senate.
- The Senate has entered into an agreement that provides for 2 roll call votes around 5:20pm, if all time is used. Please note that some time may be yielded back and the votes could begin earlier.
- Under the agreement, Senator Paul will call up amendment #19 (Davis Bacon). There will then be up to 30 minutes for debate equally divided between Senators Paul and Rockefeller, or their designees. There will then be up to 10 minutes for debate equally divided on the Whitehouse amendment #8 (laser pointers) between Senators Whitehouse and Hutchison, or their designees.
- Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the following amendments:
- Whitehouse #8 (laser pointers) - Paul #19 (Davis Bacon)
- There will be no amendments or points of order in order prior to the votes.