Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #1067 Florence Y. Pan, of the District of Columbia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit; confirmed: 52-42.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on the resolution of ratification with respect to Calendar #2 Treaty document 117-1 Amendment to Montreal Protocol ("Kigali Amendment"); invoked: 64-30.
Adopted S.Res.775 – condemning violence and threats against the FBI.
Passed S.4899 – IMPROVE Act.
Passed S.4900 – Reauthorization of the SBIR and STTR programs and pilot programs.
Passed the following post office naming bills, en bloc:
· Calendar #327 – S. 3884, Cora Reynolds Anderson Post Office
· Calendar #331 – H.R. 3539, Atanasio Taitano Perez Post Office
· Calendar #335 – H.R. 5577, John R. Lewis Post Office Building
· Calendar #398 – H.R. 2142, Indiana Hunt-Martin Post Office Building
· Calendar #469 – H.R. 91, Private First Class Barrett Lyle Austin Post Office Building
· Calendar #470 – H.R. 92, Specialist Four Charles Johnson Post Office
· Calendar #472 – H.R. 3508, CW4 Christian J. Koch Memorial Post Office
· Calendar #474 – H.R. 5809, Lance Corporal Kareem Nikoui Memorial Post Office Building
Passed Calendar #453, H.R.4693 – Global Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment.
Passed Calendar #483, H.R.5641 – SPEED Recovery Act.
Passed Calendar #489, S.4553 – Extension of Department of Homeland Security Other Transaction Authority Act.
Passed S.4552 – Extension of Authority to Acquire Innovative Commercial Items Act.
Adopted S.Res.776 – National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
Adopted the following resolutions, en bloc:
· S.Res.777 – Student Parent Month
· S.Res.778 – Recovery Month
· S.Res.779 – Estuaries Week
· S.Res.780 – Workforce Development Month
· S.Res.781 – PCOS Awareness Month
· S.Res.782 – Hispanic Heritage Month
· S.Res.783 – Air Force 75th Anniversary
Adopted S.Res.784 – National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week
Confirmed the following nominations:
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
· Executive Calendar #1120 - Randy W. Berry, of Colorado, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Career Minister, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Namibia
· Executive Calendar #1059 - Robert A. Wood, of New York, to be Alternate Representative of the United States of America for Special Political Affairs in the United Nations, with the rank of Ambassador
The vote on confirmation of the following nomination will occur at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #716, Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board.