Wrap Up for Thursday, May 19, 2022
Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Calendar #368, H.R. 7691, a bill to provide aid to Ukraine; invoked: 86-11.
2. Passage of Calendar #368, H.R. 7691, a bill to provide aid to Ukraine; passed: 86-11.
3. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #344, S.4008, Small Business COVID Relief Act of 2022; not invoked: 52-43.
4. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #855, Stephanie Dawkins Davis, of Michigan, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Sixth Circuit; invoked: 48-36.
Passed H.R.3525, to establish the Commission to Study the Potential Creation of a National Museum of Asian Pacific American History and Culture, and for other purposes.
Passed Calendar #300, S.2490, Blackwell School National Historic Site Act, w/Cornyn amdt
Passed H.R.7791, to amend the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 to establish waiver authority to address certain emergencies, disasters, and supply chain disruptions, and for other purposes.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place the following bills on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
1. H.R.350, Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act
2. H.R.7790, Infant Formula Supplemental Appropriations Act
3. H.R.7688, Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act
4. S.4261, FORMULA Act (Lee)
Adopted S.Res.645, Legal Counsel
Confirmed the following nominations:
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Exec. Cal. #811 - Rebecca Eliza Gonzales, of Texas, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Director of the Office of Foreign Missions, with rank of Ambassador
CORPORATION FOR NATIONAL AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Exec. Cal. #888 – Flor Romero, of California, to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for National and Community Service for a term expiring December 1, 2025
NATIONAL FOUNDATION ON THE ARTS AND THE HUMANITIES
Exec. Cal. #889 - Christine M. Kim, of Colorado, to be a Member of the National Council on the Humanities for a term expiring January 26, 2026
Exec. Cal. #890 - Karen Ann Stout, of Pennsylvania, to be a Member of the National Council on the Humanities for a term expiring January 26, 2026
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #717 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Merit Systems Protection Board
2. Executive Calendar #716 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board
3. Executive Calendar #461 - Marcia Stephens Bloom Bernicat, to be Director General of the Foreign Service