Wrap Up for Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Roll Call Votes
1. Barrasso MTI (OCS 5-Year Plan); agreed to: 53-44.
2. Cruz MTI (Iran); agreed to: 86-12.
3. Lee MTI (Green Climate Fund); not agreed to: 48-49.
4. Cotton MTI (Green Climate Fund to DARPA); agreed to: 50-44.
5. Johnson MTI (Reject Mink Fur Prohibition); agreed to: 59-33.
6. Sanders MTI (Warrants); not agreed to: 6-87.
7. Hassan MTI (R&D Tax Credit); agreed to: 90-5.
8. Lankford MTI (Iran); agreed to: 62-33.
9. Sanders MTI (NASA); not agreed to: 17-78.
10. Capito MTI (Climate Emergency Declaration); agreed to: 49-47.
11. Toomey MTI (Trade, Section 301); agreed to 53-43.
12. Scott (SC) MTI (Prohibits Co2 Mandate without China); not agreed to: 47-49.
By voice votes, the Senate agreed to the following motions to instruct:
1. Paul MTI (Gain of Function Research)
2. Menendez MTI (USTR IG)
3. Risch MTI (China)
4. Kelly MTI (CHIP Investment)
5. Blackburn MTI (Digital Yuan)
6. Murkowski MTI (Oceans data)
7. Sullivan MTI (Critical Minerals)
8. Rubio MTI (Intel Review)
9. Scott (FL) MTI (RoI and Claw Back Provisions)
10. Ernst MTI (SBA)
11. Cassidy MTI (Mexico)
12. Warnock MTI (HBCUs)
13. Daines MTI (Prohibit Rejection of All-of-the-Above Energy Portfolio)
14. Lujan MTI (National Labs)
Completed the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business S.4132, to protect a person’s ability to determine whether to continue or end a pregnancy, and to protect a health care provider’s ability to provide abortion services (Blumenthal).
Confirmed the following nomination:
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
Exec. Cal. #589 - James D. Rodriguez, of Texas, to be Assistant Secretary of Labor for Veterans' Employment and Training
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #718 Susan Tsui Grundmann, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority
2. Executive Calendar #717 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Merit Systems Protection Board
3. Executive Calendar #716 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board