Wrap Up for Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #546, Joshua Frost, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury; confirmed: 54-42.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #674, Elizabeth de Leon Bhargava, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development; invoked: 61-35.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #674, Elizabeth de Leon Bhargava, of New York, to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development; confirmed: 62-34.
4. Passage of S.J.Res.39, providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Department of Health and Human Services relating to "Vaccine and Mask Requirements To Mitigate the Spread of COVID-19 in Head Start Programs; passed: 55-41.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business S.4132, to protect a person’s ability to determine whether to continue or end a pregnancy, and to protect a health care provider’s ability to provide abortion services (Blumenthal).
Passed H.R.3182 – Safe Sleep for Babies Act.
Passed H.R.6023 – Multinational Species Conservation Funds Semipostal Stamp Reauthorization Act.
Adopted S.Res.604 – National Specialized Instructional Support Personnel Appreciation Week.
Adopted S.Res.613 – National Minority Health Month.
Adopted S.Res.614 – Glioblastoma Awareness Day.
The Senate has reached an agreement with respect to Calendar #282, H.R.4521, America USICA/COMPETES. That if a compound motion to go to conference is agreed to and the Chair is authorized to appoint conferees, the following Senators be permitted to make a motion to instruct, the text of which is at the desk; that these be the only motions to instruct in order; further, that at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader, following consultation with the Republican Leader, the Senate vote in relation to the motions in the order listed, that the only debate with respect to these motions be 2 minutes equally divided prior to each vote, and with 60-affirmative votes required for adoption of the Lankford motion:
14. Sanders (re: warrants)
15. Scott (FL)
19. Sanders (re: NASA)
20. Cassidy (re: Mexico)
24. Cassidy (re: college transparency)
27. Scott (SC)
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #718 Susan Tsui Grundmann, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority
2. Executive Calendar #717 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Merit Systems Protection Board
3. Executive Calendar #716 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board