Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to discharge the nomination of Julia Ruth Gordon, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, from the Banking Committee; discharged: 50-50, with the Vice President voting in the affirmative.
2. Motion to proceed to Executive Session in order to consider Executive Calendar #860 Ketanji Brown Jackson to be Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from the Committee on the Judiciary; agreed to: 53-47.
3. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #310, H.R.4373, legislative vehicle for COVID funding; not invoked: 47-52.
Began the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business S.4008 – Small Business COVID Relief Act of 2022.
Passed Calendar #277, S.2123 – Pray Safe Act.
Passed H.R.5681 – Shadow Wolves Enhancement Act.
The Senate confirmed the following:
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
· Executive Calendar #659 - Katherine Vidal, of California, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will occur at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #718 Susan Tsui Grundmann, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Federal Labor Relations Authority
2. Executive Calendar #717 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be a Member of the Merit Systems Protection Board
3. Executive Calendar #716 Cathy Ann Harris, of Maryland, to be Chairman of the Merit Systems Protection Board