Schedule for pro forma sessions and Monday, June 7, 2021
Senate stands adjourned under the provisions of S.Res.258 to convene for pro
forma sessions with no business conducted on the following dates and times:
Tuesday, June 1st at 11:30 AM; and
Thursday, June 3rd at 11:00 AM.
When the Senate adjourns on Thursday, June 3, it will next convene at 3:00pm on Monday, June 7, 2021.
On Monday, following Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to resume consideration of Executive Calendar #130, Julien Xavier Neals, of New Jersey, to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey.
At 5:30pm, the cloture motions filed during today’s session will ripen and the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Neals nomination.
Monday, June 7th at 5:30pm – 1 roll call vote
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #130, Julien Xavier Neals, of New Jersey, to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey
Cloture has been filed on the following:
1. Executive Calendar #130, Julien Xavier Neals, of New Jersey, to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey
2. Executive Calendar #127, Regina M. Rodriguez, of Colorado, to be US District Judge for the District of Colorado
3. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R.7, Paycheck Fairness Act
The Senate has reached the following agreement with respect to S.1260:
At a time to be determined on Tuesday, June 8, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1260, Competition. All post-cloture time will be considered expired, and the Senate will vote in relation to Cornyn amendment #1858. Following disposition of the amendment, if a Budget Act point of order is raised, we expect a motion to waive to be made, and the Senate will vote on the motion to waive. If the motion to waive is agreed to, the Senate will vote on substitute amendment #1502, as amended. The cloture motion with respect to the bill will be withdrawn, and the Senate will vote on passage of S.1260, as amended, with 60-affirmative votes required for passage.
Tuesday, June 8th at a time TBD – up to 4 roll call votes in relation to completing action on S.1260
1. Cornyn amendment #1858
2. Motion to waive the Budget Act with respect to substitute amendment #1502 (if raised)
3. Substitute amendment #1502, as amended
4. Passage of S.1260 [60-affirmative vote threshold]