Schedule for August and September pro forma sessions, and Monday, September 9, 2019
The Senate stands adjourned to convene for pro forma
sessions only, with no business conducted, on the following dates and times:
Friday, August 2nd at 1:00pm
Tuesday, August 6th at 9:00am
Friday, August 9th at 9:00am
Tuesday, August 13th at 12:30pm
Friday, August 16th at 3:00pm (committees authorized to report legislative and executive matters from 1:00-3:00pm)
Tuesday, August 20th at 9:00am
Friday, August 23rd at 9:15am
Tuesday, August 27th at 10:00am
Friday, August 30th at 5:00pm
Tuesday, September 3rd at 1:00pm
Friday, September 6th at 8:30am
When the Senate adjourns on Friday, September 6th, it will next convene at 3:00pm, Monday, September 9th. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #403, Kelly Craft, of Kentucky, to be Representative of the United States to the UN General Assembly.
At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Craft nomination.
During today’s session, Senator McConnell filed cloture on the following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #403, Kelly Craft, of Kentucky, to be Representative of the United States to the UN General Assembly.
2. Executive Calendar #5, Elizabeth Darling, of Texas, to be Commissioner on Children, Youth, and Families, Department of Health and Human Services.
3. Executive Calendar #174, Stephen Akard, of Indiana, to be Director of the Office of Foreign Missions, with the rank of Ambassador.
4. Executive Calendar #246, Dale Cabaniss, of Virginia, to be Director of the Office of Personnel Management.
5. Executive Calendar #294, James Byrne, of Virginia, to be Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
6. Executive Calendar #333, Michelle Bowman, of Kansas, to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
7. Executive Calendar #335, Thomas Feddo, of Virginia, to be Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Investment Security.
8. Executive Calendar #407, Jennifer Nordquist, of Virginia, to be United States Executive Director of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
As a reminder, at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Democratic Leader, the Senate will vote on confirmation of following nominations:
1. Executive Calendar #233, Stephanie L. Haines, of Pennsylvania, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Pennsylvania;
2. Executive Calendar #326, Ada E. Brown, of Texas, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas;
3. Executive Calendar #352, Steven C. Seeger, of Illinois, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Illinois;
4. Executive Calendar #344, Mary S. McElroy, of Rhode Island, to be United States District Judge for the District of Rhode Island;
5. Executive Calendar #346, Stephanie A. Gallagher, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of Maryland.
5:30pm, Monday September 9th – 1 roll call vote:
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #403, Kelly Craft, of Kentucky, to be Representative of the United States to the UN General Assembly.
During Thursday’s session, the Senate reached an agreement for the consideration of Calendar #102, S. 1340, Ebola Eradication Act of 2019. At time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Democratic Leader, no later than Thursday September 26th, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of the bill. The only amendment in order is Lee amendment #935. There will be up to 2 hours of debate equally divided between the two leaders or their designees followed by a vote on adoption of the Lee Amendment with a 60 vote affirmative threshold for adoption. The Committee-reported amendment, as amended, if amended, will be agreed to. The Senate will then vote on passage of the bill, as amended. Another message will be sent when the votes are scheduled.
TBD in September—2 roll call votes
1. Lee amendment #935 (re: to modify the authorization of assistance) (60-vote threshold for adoption)
2. Passage of S. 1340, Ebola Eradication Act of 2019