Wrap Up for Thursday, May 15, 2019
Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #24, Wendy Vitter, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana; confirmed: 52-45.
2. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #221, Brian J. Bulatao, of Texas, to be an Under Secretary of State; confirmed: 92-5.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #230, Jeffrey A. Rosen, to be Deputy Attorney General; confirmed: 52-45.
By voice vote, passed Calendar #83, S.1208, Protecting America's First Responders Act, w/committee-reported amendment.
By voice vote, passed H.R.2379, reauthorizing the Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant Program.
Passed Calendar #80 S. 820, Debbie Smith Act of 2019.
Passed Calendar #81, S. 998, Supporting and Treating Officers In Crisis Act of 2019
Passed S.744, Effective Prosecution of Possession of Biological Toxins and Agents Act of 2019
Began the Rule 14 process to place the following bills on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
1. H.R.312, Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe
2. H.R.2578, National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2019
DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Confirmed Executive Calendar #185, Matthew H. Tueller, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq
Executive Calendar #172 – the following to be Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Capt. Brendan C. McPherson
Capt. Douglas M. Schofield
Capt. Andrew M. Sugimoto
Capt. Richard V. Timme
Capt. Todd C. Wiemers
INTERNATIONAL JOINT COMMISSION, UNITED STATES AND CANADA
Executive Calendar #189, Jane L. Corwin, of New York, to be Commissioner on the part of the United States on the International Joint Commission, United States and Canada
Executive Calendar #192, Robert C. Sisson, of Michigan, to be Commissioner on the part of the United States on the International Joint Commission, United States and Canada
Executive Calendar #194, Lance V. Yohe, of North Dakota, to be Commissioner on the part of the United States on the International Joint Commission, United States and Canada
The nomination of Robert Wallace, of Wyoming, to be Assistant Secretary of Fish and Wildlife, was referred jointly to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources and the Committee on Environment and Public Works.