May 17, 2018 04:14 PM
Cloture filed on Baiocco, VA Choice, 2 McWilliams, and Evans
Cloture was invoked on the Haspel nomination by a vote of 54-44 and then the nomination was confirmed by a vote of 54-45.
Senator McConnell then filed cloture on nominations and the VA Choice Act. The filing deadline for first degree amendments to S.2372 would be 1pm on Monday (we expect to get consent to set the filing deadline for 4pm or 5pm on Monday) and 1 hour prior to the cloture vote for second degree amendments. If cloture is invoked, amendments must be germane and timely filed.
Senator McConnell filed cloture on the following items in the order listed:
1. Executive Calendar #608, Dana Baiocco, of Ohio, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission;
2. Motion to concur re: S.2372, VA Choice (Senator McConnell also made a motion to concur with amendment and a motion to refer and filled the amendment tree on each motion);
3. Executive Calendar #670, Jelena McWilliams, of Ohio, to be Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Corporation
4. Executive Calendar #672 Jelena McWilliams, of Ohio, to be Member of the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Corporation
5. Executive Calendar #618, James Rudolph Evans, of Georgia, to be Ambassador to Luxembourg.
The cloture vote on the Baiocco nomination is expected to occur at 5:3opm on Monday, May 21.