No votes today, 2 votes at noon tomorrow
Tonight’s vote has been moved to tomorrow. There will be no roll call votes tonight. At 12:00 noon tomorrow, there will be 2 roll call votes. The first on confirmation of the Gibson nomination followed by a cloture vote on the Engel nomination. If cloture is invoked on the Engel nomination, the post-cloture time would count as if invoked at 5:30pm Monday.
As a reminder, Senator McConnell cloture has also on the below listed nominations, which will be considered one at a time.
- Executive Calendar #384, Peter B. Robb, of Vermont, to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board
- Executive Calendar #407, William L. Wehrum, of Delaware, to be an Assistant Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
- Executive Calendar #159, Derek Kan, of California, to be Under Secretary of Transportation
For the remainder of the work period prior to Thanksgiving, we expect Senator McConnell to turn to additional nominations. There has also been talk about considering the NDAA conference report, Coast Guard reauthorization, and an emergency supplemental appropriations.
Tuesday, November 7th at 12:00 Noon – 2 roll call votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #247, John H. Gibson, of Texas, to be Deputy Chief Management Officer of the Department of Defense.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #107, Steven Andrew Engel, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General