November 29, 2010 10:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Monday, November 29, 2010
- Following any Leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business until 4pm with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes.
- At 4:00pm, the Senate will resume consideration of S.510, the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, as provided for under the previous order.
- 5:30pm swearing in of Senator-elect Mark Kirk to be senator from the State of Illinois.
- At 6:30pm, the Senate will proceed to a cloture vote on the substitute amendment to S.510. Under the agreement reached on Thursday, if cloture is invoked, 4 motions to suspend the rules would be in order. Upon disposition of the motions, the Senate will proceed to vote on passage of the bill, as amended. Senator Reid would like to complete action on the Food Safety bill on Monday. As a result, senators should expect a late night of voting.
- Post-cloture and upon the use or yielding back of the time allotted in the agreement (1 hour for motions re: 1099 and 4 hours for Coburn motions), the Senate will proceed to vote on the motions in the following order:
- Johanns (1099 forms) - Baucus (1099 forms) - Coburn (earmarks) - Coburn (substitute)