November 19, 2009 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, November 19, 2009
- Morning Business for 1 hour with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The Majority will control the first 30 minutes and the Republicans will control the final 30 minutes.
- Following Morning Business, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of Calendar #190, S.1963, the Caregivers and Veterans Health Services Omnibus bill. Under an agreement on the bill, there will be up to 30 minutes for general debate on the bill and 3 hours for debate for the Coburn amendment.
- At 2:00pm, the Senate will resume debate on the nomination of David Hamilton with 30 minutes for debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Sessions or their designees.
- At 2:30pm, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the following items listed below.
- Confirmation of David Hamilton, of Indiana, to be U.S. District Judge for the Seventh Circuit - Coburn amendment #2785 (spending priorities) to S.1963 - Passage of S.1963, as amended, if amended (Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act of 2009)
- The Senate is in a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each.
- There will be no further roll call votes today.