Schedule for pro formas, Wednesday October 15, and Wednesday November 12The Senate stands adjourned and will convene for pro forma sessions only with no business conducted on the following dates and times unless the Senate receives a message from the House that it has adopted S.Con.Res.44, the adjournment resolution:
- Monday, September 22nd at 4:00pm
- Thursday, September 25th at 12:00 noon
- Monday, September 29th at 12:00 noon
- Thursday, October 2nd at 12:00 noon
- Monday, October 6th at 2:00pm
- Thursday, October 9th at 12:00 noon
- Monday, October 13th at 12:00 noon
- Thursday, October 16th at 12:00 noon
- Monday, October 20th at 10:15am
- Thursday, October 23rd at 12:00 noon
- Monday, October 27th at 12:00 noon
- Thursday, October 30th at 12:00 noon
- Monday, November 3rd at 12:00 noon
- Thursday, November 6th at 12:00 noon
- Monday, November 10th at 12:00 noon
When the Senate adjourns on November 10, it will stand adjourned until 2:00pm on Wednesday, November 12, 2014. However, if the Senate receives a message that the House has adopted S.Con.Res.44, it will stand adjourned until 10:00am on Wednesday, October 15th for a pro forma session only and that following the pro forma session, the Senate will adjourn until Wednesday, November 12, at 2:00pm;
On Wednesday, November 12, 2014, following any Leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business until 5:30pm with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each, with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
At 5:30pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and vote on cloture on the nominations of Randolph Moss, to be United States District Judge for the District of Columbia, and on Leigh Martin May, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Georgia.
Committees are authorized to report Legislative and Executive matters on Wednesday, October 1st from 10:00am to 12:00 noon.