September 28, 2010 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Tuesday, September 28, 2010
- Passed S.3751, Stem Cell Therapeutic and Research Reauthorization Act of 2010, with committee reported substitute amendment.
- H.R.3689 Legislative Authority Extension for the Vietnam Memorial Visitor Center.
- H.R.5566: Prevention of Interstate Commerce in Animal Crush Videos Act of 2010, with substitute amendment.
- S.3243, the Anti-Border Corruption Act
- S.3789, the Social Security Number Protection Act
- H.R.3940, to amend PL 96-597 to clarify the authority of the Secretary of Interior to extend grants and other assistance to facilitate political status public education programs for the peoples of the non-self-governing territories of the U.S. (with Bingaman Substitute amendment and title amendment)
- H.R.1177 is the 5-Star Generals Commemorative Coin Act.
- H.R.3219, Veterans' Insurance and Health Care Improvements Act., with Akaka substitute amendment which is the Veterans' Benefits Act of 2010 and a title amendment.
- S.Res.469, a resolution recognizing the 60th Anniversary of the Fulbright Program in Thailand.
- S.Res.646, a resolution designating Thursday, November 18, 2010, as "Feed America Day".
- S.Res.652, a resolution honoring Mr. Alfred Lind for his dedicated service to the United States of America during World War II as a member of the Armed Forces and a prisoner of war, and for his tireless efforts on behalf of other members of the Armed Forces touched by war.
- S.Res.653: Designating Oct. 30, 2010 as a national day of remembrance for nuclear weapons program workers
- S.Res.654: Designating December 18, 2010 as "Gold Star Wives Day".
- S.Res.655, a resolution designating November 2010 as "Stomach Cancer Awareness Month" and supporting efforts to educate the public about stomach cancer.
- S.Res.656, a resolution expressing support for the inaugural USA Science and Engineering Festival.
- S.Res.657, a resolution celebrating the 75th anniversary of the dedication of the Hoover Dam.
- S.Res.658, a resolution designating the week beginning October 17, 2010 as "National Character Counts Week".
- S.Res.659, a resolution supporting "Lights on Afterschool", a national celebration of afterschool programs.
- S.Res.660, a resolution expressing support for a public diplomacy program promoting advancements in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics made by or in partnership with the people of the United States.
- S.Res.661, Legal counsel representation