September 21, 2010 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Tuesday, September 21, 2010
- Passed S.3717, a bill to amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to provide for certain disclosures under section 552 of title 5, United States Code, (commonly referred to as the Freedom of Information Act), and for other purposes.
- Passed S.3814, a bill to extend the National Flood Insurance Program until September 30, 2011.
- Adopted S.Res.593, a resolution expressing support for disignation of October 7, 2010, as "Jumpstart's Read for the Record Day".
- Adopted S.Res.362, a resolution honoring the work of the United Service Organizations (USO) and congratulating the USO on the sending of their two millionth troop care package.
- Adopted S.Res.363, a resolution designating September 23, 2010, as "National Falls Prevention Awareness Day" to raise awareness and encourage the prevention of falls among older adults.
- Adopted S.Res.364, a resolution commemorating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the St. Louis Zoo.
- Adopted S.Res.365, a resolution designating the week beginning September 19, 2010, as "National Hispanic Serving Institutions Week"