September 9, 2009 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, September 09, 2009
- Period of morning business for 1 hour with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each, with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1023, the Travel Promotion Act, post-cloture. All time during adjournment, recess, or period of morning business will count against the post-cloture time.
- The Senate will stand in recess from 12:30pm-2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus luncheons.
- The Senate will recess from 3pm until 4pm in order for members to participate in the 9/11 remembrance ceremony in Statuary Hall.
- When the Senate reconvenes (at 4m), there will be 22 ½ minutes equally divided between Senator Dorgan and the Republican Leader, or his designee, for debate with respect to S.1023, Travel Promotion Act.
- Following that debate, the next 22 ½ minutes will be equally divided and controlled between Senator Lieberman and the Republican Leader, or his designee.
- At 4:45pm, the Senate will proceed to a series of 2 roll call votes in relation to the following items:
- 1) Passage of S.1023, as amended, and 2) Cloture on Executive nomination of Cass Sunstein to be Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.
- Upon disposition of the Sunstein nomination, we expect to turn to an Appropriations bill, possibly Transportation Appropriations.
- 9:00pm Joint Session to hear the President of the United States.