September 7, 2011 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Wednesday, September 7, 2011
- Convenes: 10:00am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in morning business for one hour with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to H.R.1249, the America Invents Act.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
- At 2:30pm, there will be 30 minutes for tributes to the late Senator Mark O. Hatfield as if in morning business with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- By unanimous consent, all time during adjournment, recess and morning business will count post-cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R.1249.
- The Senate expects to begin consideration of the America Invents Act during Wednesday's session. Senators will be notified when votes are scheduled.