August 5, 2009 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, August 05, 2009
- Morning Business until 10:00am with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- The debate time for the nomination will be divided as follows:
- 10-11am Majority 11am-12 noon Republicans 12-1pm Majority 1-2pm Republicans 2-2:30pm Majority 2:30-3pm Republicans
- The Senate will recess from 3:00pm until 5:00pm to allow for a special Democratic caucus.
- 5-6pm Republicans 6-7pm Majority 7-8pm Republicans 8-9pm Majority