August 4, 2009 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, August 04, 2009
- Resume consideration of H.R.2997, Agriculture Appropriations, with the time until 10:30am equally divided between the Managers and Senator McCain, or their designees. The filing deadline for second degree amendments is 10:15am.
- The following amendments fell on a point of order that the amendments are not germane: Murray #2225 (CRP) Nelson (FL) #2226 (Travel Policy) Coburn #2246 to #2226 (Travel Policy) Coburn #2248 (Contracting) Kohl #2288 to #2248 (Contracting Dodd #2284 was agreed to by a voice vote.
- The following amendments were then agreed to by unanimous consent:
- Johanns #2241;
- Kohl #2280, as modified;
- Sander #2271, as modified;
- Cardin #2282, as modified;
- Hutchison #2249, as modified;
- Sanders #2266, as modified;
- Nelcon (NE) #2285.
- The Barrasso amendment #2240 fell on a point of order. Upon disposition of H.R.2997, the Senate will begin debate on the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.