August 1, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, August 1, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 9:30am on Thursday, August 1, 2013.
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 11:00am with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- At 11:00am, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #96, the nomination of Raymond T. Chen, of Maryland, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Federal Circuit with up to one hour of debate equally divided and controlled in the usual form. Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 12:00pm), there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Chen nomination.
- Upon disposition of the Chen nomination, the Senate will resume legislative session and proceed to a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on S.1243, the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development and related agencies appropriations bill. The filing deadline for all 2nd degree amendment to S.1243 is 11:00am on Thursday.
- Following the cloture vote, the Senate will recess until 2:00pm to allow for a bipartisan caucus meeting.
- At 2:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #220, the nomination of Samantha Power, of Massachusetts, to be the Representative of the United States of America to the United Nations, with the rank and status of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and the Representative of the United States of America in the Security Council of the United Nations with up to 2 hours of debate equally divided and controlled in the usual form. Upon the use or yielding back of time (4:00pm if all time is used), there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Power nomination.
- Expected schedule:
- 12:00pm 2 roll call votes
- Confirmation of the Chen nomination
- Cloture on S.1243, THUD Appropriations
- Recess for bipartisan lunch
- Up to 2 hours of debate on the Power nomination
- As early as 2:30pm and as late as 4:00pm:
- 1 roll call vote on confirmation of the Power nomination