July 31, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Wednesday, July 31, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 9:30am on Wednesday, July 31, 2013.
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1243, the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development and related agencies appropriations bill. It is in order for Senator Paul to call up his amendment #1739, (Egypt). There will be up to one hour of debate equally divided and controlled between the proponents and opponents prior to a vote on the Paul amendment; we expect there will be a motion to table the Paul amendment.
- Upon disposition of the Paul amendment, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #201, the nomination of Byron Todd Jones, of Minnesota, to be Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and proceed to the cloture vote on the Jones nomination.
- Therefore, at approximately 10:45am, there will be 2 roll call votes:
- In relation to the Paul amendment #1739 (Egypt)(expected motion to table) and
- Motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Byron Todd Jones to be Director of the ATF.