July 26, 2011 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- Convenes: 10:00am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 12:15pm with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the Majority controlling the first 30 minutes and the Republicans controlling the second 30 minutes.
- Following morning business, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following nominations en bloc:
- Calendar #83 Paul A. Engelmayer, of New York, to be US District Judge for the Southern District of New York and
- Calendar #84 Ramona Villagomez Manglona, of the Northern Mariana Islands, to be District Judge for the Northern Mariana Islands for a term of ten years.
- With 2 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled in the usual form.
- Therefore at approximately 12:17pm on Tuesday, the Senate will conduct a roll call vote on confirmation of Calendar #83. Calendar #84 is expected to be confirmed by voice vote.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
- At 2:15pm, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1323, the legislative vehicle for the debt limit increase.