July 25, 2011 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Monday, July 25, 2011
- Convenes: 2:00pm
- The Senate will convene at 2:00pm on Monday, July 25, 2011. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in morning business until 4:30pm with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- At 3:40pm, the Senate will observe a moment of silence in memory of Officer Jacob J. Chesnut and Detective John M. Gibson of the United States Capitol Police who were killed 13 years ago defending this Capitol against an armed intruder.
- Following morning business, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following nominations, en bloc:
- Calendar #83 Paul A. Engelmayer, of New York, to be US District Judge for the Southern District of New York and
- Calendar #84 Ramona Villagomez Manglona, of the Northern Mariana Islands, to be District Judge for the Northern Mariana Islands for a term of ten years.
- With one hour for debate equally divided in the usual form.
- Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 5:30pm), the Senate will conduct a roll call vote on confirmation of Calendar #83. Calendar #84 is expected to be confirmed by voice vote.