July 21, 2010 08:00 PM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, July 21, 2010
- Following any Leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business for 1 hour with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first 30 minutes and the Majority will control the final 30 minutes.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of the House Message on H.R.4213, a bill to extend Unemployment Insurance benefits through November 30, 2010, post-cloture. Cloture limits debate to 30 hours. If all time is used, the time would expire around 9pm Wednesday. However, we would like to reach an agreement to yield back some of the post-cloture debate time so that we may complete action at a reasonable time tomorrow.
- Following disposition of HR4213, (Unemployment Insurance), the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.5297, the Small Business Jobs bill.
- By unanimous consent, the pending amendments and motion to HR5297, Small Business Jobs, were withdrawn. Senator Reid, for Senator Baucus, then offered a new substitute amendment #4499. He then offered the LeMieux-Landrieu amendment #4450 to the substitute. Senator Reid also filled the so-called "amendment tree" and filed cloture on the following items:
- LeMieux-Landrieu amendment #4450 (Federal Lending Facility); - Baucus amendment #4499 (Substitute); and - H.R.5297, Small Business Jobs.