June 2, 2015 11:14 AM
Cloture invoked on USA Freedom Act--up to 6 votes expected this afternoonCloture on the USA Freedom bill (HR 2048) was invoked by a vote of 83-14. There will now be up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate. We do not expect the majority of the post-cloture time to be used and we could start voting on the pending amendments, passage and cloture on the motion to proceed to NDAA early this afternoon, possibly as early as in the 2:15-4:30pm range. Another message will be sent when we have a clearer idea of when the vote series will begin.
When we do start voting, we expect there to be 5 roll call votes.
- Motion to table McConnell SA #1452 to the underlying bill (includes provisions of amendments 1449, 1450, and 1451) (expect this to be a voice vote)
- McConnell second degree SA #1451 (amicus)
- McConnell first degree to the substitute SA #1450 (12 month transition)
- McConnell SA #1449 (substitute)
- Passage of H.R. 2048, USA Freedom Act, as amended, if amended
- Cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1376, National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016