May 24, 2012 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, May 24, 2012
- Convenes: 9:30am
- Following the prayer and pledge, the Senate will resume consideration of S.3187, the FDA user fees legislation.
- The amendments below are the only remaining amendments in order to the bill. At 2:00pm, all debate time will be considered expired and the Senate will vote in relation to the amendments listed below and on passage of the bill, as amended. There will be 2 minutes of debate prior to each vote. All votes after the first vote will be 10 minutes in duration.
- Bingaman amendment #2111 (generic filings) (60-vote threshold)**;
- McCain amendment #2107 (reimportation) (60-vote threshold)**;
- Sanders amendment #2109 (criminal fraud/exclusivity) (60-vote threshold)**;
- Murkowski amendment #2108 (genetically engineered salmon) (60-vote threshold)**;
- Portman amendment #2146, as modified (Synthetic drugs - controlled substances);
- Portman amendment #2145, as modified (Rx drug monitoring);
- Coburn amendment #2132 (FDA employee performance standards)**;
- Coburn amendment #2131 (Drug Application Review Process)**;
- Durbin amendment #2127 (dietary supplements)**;
- Paul amendment #2143 (supplements)**;
- Burr amendment #2130 (Congress - user fee negotiations)**;
- Passage of S.3187, as amended**.
- (**expected roll call vote)
- Upon disposition of the FDA user fee legislation, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of S.2343, the Stop Student Loan Interest Rate Hike Act with 10 minutes of debate prior to 2 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Therefore, Senators should expect up to 12 roll call votes to begin at around 2:00pm on Thursday. Senator Reid announced the votes could begin earlier if debate is concluded prior to 2:00pm.