May 23, 2012 09:00 AM
Senate Schedule for Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Convenes: 9:30am
- Following the prayer and pledge, the Majority Leader will be recognized. It is his intention to resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.3187, the FDA user fees legislation.
- Following the remarks of the Majority Leader and the Republican Leader, the first hour will be equally divided and controlled between the two sides with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- At 11:00am, the motion to proceed to S.3187 will be adopted, the Harkin-Enzi substitute amendment will be agreed to and considered original text for the purposes of further amendment. The Majority Leader will then be recognized.
- Additionally, the Majority will control the time from 1:00pm until 2:00pm.
- We are working on an agreement for amendments to the FDA user fees legislation. We hope an agreement can be reached without filing cloture on the bill. Senators will be notified if an agreement is reached and when votes are scheduled.