May 8, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Wednesday, May 8, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 9:30am on Wednesday, May 8, 2013.
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 10:00am with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
- At 10:00am, the Senate will recess to allow for the Joint Meeting of Congress with Her Excellency Park Geun-hye, President of the Republic of Korea until 11:30am. Senators should plan to gather in the Senate Chamber at 10:00am in order to proceed as a body to the House of Representatives.
- When the Senate reconvenes, we will resume consideration of S.601, the Water Resources Development Act. The following amendments are the first amendments in order to the Boxer-Vitter substitute amendment #799:
- The time until 2:00pm will be equally divided between the two Leaders or their designees for debate on the amendments with Senator Coburn controlling 40 minutes of the Republican time. At 2:00pm, there will be 3 roll call votes in relation to the amendments in the order above. All 3 amendments will require 60-affirmative votes and no second degree amendments will be order to the amendments. The first vote will be a 15-minute vote and the subsequent votes will be 10 minutes in duration.
- Upon disposition of the Coburn and Whitehouse amendments, the substitute amendment, as amended, if amended, will be agreed to and considered original text for the purposes of further amendment.