Senate Floor Wrap Up for Tuesday, April 24, 2012ROLL CALL VOTES
1) Motion to proceed to S.J.Res.36, a joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the National Labor Relations Board relating to representation election procedures; Not Agreed To: 45-54
3) McCain amendment #2033 (reorganization commission); Not Agreed To: 30-69
4) Coburn amendment #2061, as modified (mandatory retirement); Not Agreed To: 33-65
5) Udall(NM) amendment #2043, as modified (six-day delivery); Not Agreed To: 43-56
6) Akaka amendment #2034 (workers compensation); Not Agreed To: 46-53
7) Corker amendment #2083 (frequency of mail delivery); Not Agreed To: 29-70
8) Akaka amendment #2049 (managerial organizations); Not Agreed To: 57-42
9) Paul amendment #2025 (end mailbox use monopoly); Not Agreed To: 35-64
Adopted S.Res.432, designating April 30, 2012, as "Día de los Niños: Celebrating Young Americans".
Adopted S.Res.433, designating April 2012 as "National Child Abuse Prevention Month".
By unanimous consent, the following items were placed on the Legislative Calendar:
- S.2338, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2012. (Hutchison, Grassley and Cornyn)
- S.2343, the Stop Student Loan Interest Rate Hike Act. (Reid)
- S.2344, To extend the National Flood Insurance Program until December 31, 2012. (Vitter)
No EXECUTIVE ITEMS