Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, April 18, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 9:30am on Thursday, April 18, 2013. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 with the time until 12:00pm equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees for concurrent debate on the Barrasso and Harkin amendments.
At approximately 12:00pm, there will be 2 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Barrasso amendment #717 (privacy) and
- Harkin-Alexander amendment #730 (mental health)
Both amendments will be subject to a 60 affirmative-vote threshold. No other amendments are in order to any of these amendments. There will be 2 minutes of debate equally divided prior to each vote. Both votes will be 10 minutes in duration.
Following the roll call votes above, the Senate will recess until 2:00pm to allow for caucus meetings.
At 2:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following nominations:
- Executive Calendar #22 Analisa Torres- to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York and
- Executive Calendar #23 Derrick Kahala Watson- to be United States District Judge for the District of Hawaii
There will be up to 15 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees.
At approximately 2:15pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the nominations. A roll call vote is expected on confirmation of the Torres nomination and a voice vote is expected on the Watson nomination.