March 25, 2009 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- Morning Business for up to 1 hour, with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. The Majority will control the first 30 minutes and the Republicans will control the second 30 minutes. Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of HR1388, the national service legislation.
- At 12:00 noon the Senate will vote on confirmation of the nomination of David S. Kris, to be an Assistant Attorney General. Upon disposition of the Kris nomination, the Senate will resume consideration of HR1388.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:00pm to allow for the Democratic caucus luncheon.
- Earlier this evening Senator Reid filed cloture on the Mikulski amendment #687 (Substitute) and the underlying bill, HR1388, National Service.
- On the Senate floor, Senator Reid stated that he hopes cloture will not be necessary to complete action on the bill. He would like to finish the bill Thursday night. However, if cloture is necessary, there would be a cloture vote on the Substitute amendment Friday morning. In addition, the Leader announced that we will stay through the weekend to complete action on the bill if necessary.
- There will be no more roll call votes today.