March 19, 2009 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, March 19, 2009
- Morning Business for up to 1 hour (10 minute limitations) The Majority controls the first 30 minutes and the Republicans control the final 30 minutes.
- Following Morning Business, resume H.R.146, Lands bill. There will then be up to 20 minutes for debate, equally divided and controlled between Senators Bingaman and Coburn, or their designees, prior to a series of votes in relation to the following amendments:
- Coburn # 677 re: annual report (15 minute vote) Coburn #682 re: Subtitle D clarification (10 minute vote) Coburn #683 re: strike targeted provisions (10 minute vote)
- Upon disposition of the Coburn amendments, there will be up to 30 minutes of debate with respect to the bill prior to a vote on passage of H.R.146, as amended (15 minute vote). At 5:00pm the Senate will proceed to a vote on confirmation of Executive Calendar #22, the nomination of Elena Kagan, of Massachusetts, to be Solicitor General of the United States.
- 5:00pm Roll Call Vote on confirmation of Elena Kagan. There will be no futher Roll Call Votes this week.