March 10, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, March 10, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business until 2:15pm, with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- At 10:30am, Senator Moran will deliver his maiden speech to the Senate.
- At 2:15pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive session to consider the nomination of Max Oliver, Jr., of North Carolina, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of North Carolina. There will be up to 15 minutes for debate on the nomination prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination.
- Senators should expect the vote on confirmation of the Oliver nomination to begin around 2:30pm.
- The Senate is in a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each.
- There will be no further roll call votes during Thursday's session of the Senate.
- The Senate reached an agreement to consider Executive calendar #10, the nomination of James Boasberg, of the District of Columbia, to be U.S. District Judge for the District of Columbia, at 4:30pm on Monday, March 14.
- Under the agreement, there will be up to 1 hour for debate equally divided prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination.
- Senators should the vote on confirmation to begin at approximately 5:30pm on Monday, March 14.
- Today we were unable to reach an agreement to begin consideration of the Small Business Committee's bill, S.493, the SBIR and STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011.
- As a result, Senator Reid moved to proceed to the bill and filed cloture on the motion.
- The cloture vote will occur Monday evening. There will be 2 votes at 5:30pm on Monday. The first vote will be on confirmation of James Boasberg (DC District Judge) and the second vote will be on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.493, the SBIR and STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011.