March 9, 2011 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, March 09, 2011
- Morning business until 10:40am with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each equally divided and controlled with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- At 10:40am, the Senate will recess until 12:00pm for a Joint Meeting of Congress with the Honorable Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia.
- At 12pm, the Senate will proceed to H.R.1, the House-passed funding bill with 3 hours of debate equally divided between the two leaders or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time, at approximately 3pm, the Senate will proceed to a series of 2 roll call votes:
- Passage of H.R.1 (60-vote threshold)
- Adoption of the Inouye amendment #149, the Democratic alternative to H.R.1 (60-vote threshold)
- The Senate is in a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each.
- There will be no roll call votes during today's session.