Agreement on VAWA - 1 Roll Call Vote at 4:00pmThe Senate has reached an agreement to consider amendments to S.47, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). As a result of this agreement, there will be 1 vote at 4:00pm today (Grassley substitute) and the remaining votes will occur next week.
The only first degree amendments in order to the bill are the ones listed below.
- Grassley substitute amendment #14;
- Leahy amendment #21 (sex trafficking)
- Portman amendment #10 (sex trafficking)
- Murkowski amendment #11 (tribal protections)
- Coburn amendment #13 (strikes tribal provisions)
- Coburn amendment #15 (consolidate DOJ rape programs)
- Coburn amendment #16 (notice to victims)
The time until 4:00pm today will be for debate on the Grassley substitute, with the time equally divided between the two Leaders, or their designees. At 4:00pm, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the Grassley substitute amendment #14.
No amendments are in order to any of the amendments in this list prior to votes in relation to the amendments.
Following any Leader remarks on Monday, February 11th, the Senate will resume consideration of the bill, with the time until 5:30pm equally divided between the two Leaders, or their designees. At 5:30pm, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the remaining amendments and passage of the underlying bill, as amended, if amended. Senator Cornyn will have 45 minutes under his control on the Republican side. There will be 2 minutes for debate equally divided prior to each vote.