February 7, 2011 10:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Monday, February 07, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business until 3:00pm with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- At 3:00pm, the Senate will resume consideration of S.223, the Federal Aviation Administration Authorization bill. If senators have amendments to the bill they would like to offer they should contact the bill managers.
- The following amendments are pending to S.223: - Wicker amendment #14, as modified (Excludes TSA from collective bargaining)
- Blunt amendment #5 (private screening company)
- Nelson (FL) #34 (NASA)
- Paul #21 (reduce authorization for FAA to FY2008 levels)
- Wyden #27 (increase test sites for unmanned aerial vehicles)
- Inhofe amendment #6 (liability protection to volunteer pilots)
- Inhofe amendment #7 (flight time limitations/rest requirements)
- Ensign amendment #32 (military remotely piloted aerial systems)
- McCain amendment #4 (Essential Air Service)
- At 4:30pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive session to consider the following nominations with one hour for debate equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
- Calendar #3 Paul Holmes, of AR, to be US District Judge for the Western District of Arkansas;
- Calendar #6 Diana Saldana, of TX, to be US District Judge for the Southern District of Texas;
- Calendar #8 Marco Hernandez, of OR, to be US District Judge for the District of Oregon.
- At approximately 5:30pm, the nomination of Marco Hernandez will be confirmed by unanimous consent and the Senate will immediately proceed to a series of 2 votes on confirmation of the Saldana and Holmes nominations.
- As a result, senators should expect 2 stacked roll call votes at 5:30pm on confirmation of the following nominations:
- Calendar #6 Diana Saldana, of TX, to be US District Judge for the Southern District of Texas, and
- Calendar #3 Paul Holmes, of AR, to be US District Judge for the Western District of Arkansas.
- The Senate has reached an agreement that results in a roll call vote at 10:30am tomorrow. At 10:20am, the Senate will resume consideration of Nelson (FL) amendment #34 (NASA) to S.223, FAA Authorization, and there will be 10 minutes for debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Nelson (FL) and Hutchison, or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the amendment. The agreement precludes any amendments, motions or points or order to the amendment prior to the vote.