Schedule for Thursday, January 29, 2015The Senate stands adjourned until 9:30am on Thursday, January 29, 2015.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business for one hour, with the Democrats controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half. Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1, a bill to approve the Keystone XL Pipeline. There will be up to 15 minutes for debate equally divided and controlled in the usual form. The Senate will then proceed to up to 6 roll call votes on amendments and on the motion to invoke cloture on S.1, upon reconsideration.
If cloture is invoked, all post-cloture debate time will be considered expired at 2:30pm and the Senate will proceed to up to 6 roll call votes. We expect points of order to be raised against pending amendments that are not in order post-cloture. The Senate would then dispose of the remaining pending and germane amendments and on passage of the bill, as amended.
Approx: 11:00am-up to 7 roll call votes:
- Barrasso amendment #245 (tribal treaties)
- Cardin amendment #124 (tribal treaty requirements)
- Daines amendment #246 (SoS Land and Water Conservation Fund) -side by side to Burr amendment #92
- Burr amendment #92, as modified (Land and Water Conservation Fund)
- Vitter amendment amendment #80, as further modified (OCS)
- Udall #77 (renewable electricity standards)
- Cloture on S.1, Keystone
- Booker amendment #155 (new circumstances)
- Markey amendment #141 (delay effective date)
- Markey amendment #178 (oil spill liability trust fund)
- Cantwell amendment #131 (U.S. environmental laws)
- Boxer amendment #130 (permit savings clause)
- Passage of S.1, as amended, a bill to approve the Keystone pipeline