Roll Call Votes
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #64, Joshua David Jacobs, of Washington, to be Under Secretary for Benefits of the Department of Veterans Affairs; confirmed: 74-25.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #32, S.326, legislative vehicle for Veterans package; not invoked: 57-42.
3. Passage of S.J.Res.11, providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Environmental Protection Agency relating to "Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Heavy-Duty Engine and Vehicle Standards"; passed: 50-49.
Passed the following bills:
· S.418 – Justice for Jana Elementary Act
· S.1311 – Udall Trust Fund Reauthorization
Adopted the following resolutions:
· S.Res.175 - recognizing the importance of the 70th anniversary of the signing of the Mutual Defense Treaty between the United States and the Republic of Korea on October 1, 1953.
· S.Res.176 – Month of the Military Child
· S.Res.177 – Legal Counsel
· S.Res.178 – Legal Counsel
Cloture has also been filed on the following:
1. Executive Calendar #121, Michael Farbiarz, to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey
2. Executive Calendar #122, Robert Kirsch, to be US District Judge for the District of New Jersey
3. Executive Calendar #123, Orelia Eleta Merchant, to be US District Judge for the Eastern District of New York