Roll Call Votes
1. Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #27 Jessica G. L. Clarke, of New York, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York; invoked: 49-45.
2. Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #25 S.316, to repeal the authorizations for use of military force against Iraq; invoked: 68-27.
3. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #27 Jessica G. L. Clarke, of New York, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York; confirmed: 48-43.
Began the Rule 14 process to place the following bills on the Legislative Calendar of Business:
1. H.R. 502 - to amend title 38, United States Code, to ensure that the Secretary of Veterans Affairs repays members of the Armed Forces for certain contributions made by such members towards Post-9/11 Educational Assistance
2. H.R. 815 - RELIEVE Act
3. S.870 – Fire Grants and Safety Act (Peters)
The votes on confirmation of the following nominations will be at times to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
1. Executive Calendar #40 Gordon P. Gallagher, of Colorado, to be United States District Judge for the District of Colorado
2. Executive Calendar #18 Laura Taylor-Kale, of California, to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense